Nursing Services Provided
Home Care Nursing Visits: – by referral
- RNs can do home visits for dressings, medication monitoring, diabetes care, assessments, counselling etc.
- Post-operative follow up by referral from surgeon
- Coordination of care with other health care professionals
Laboratory Services: – by appointment only – 8:15am to 2:00pm Monday – Friday
- RNs draw blood which is sent to Sechelt Hospital for testing
- Specimens sent out for analysis
- Blood pressures, blood sugar testing, injections, ear syringing, suture removal etc
- ECGs (electrocardiograms)
- Assessment of injuries or illnesses for patients unable to see physician or without a local doctor
- Treatment of specified medical problems such as burns, urinary tract infections, sore throats, earaches, insect bites/stings, tick removal etc.
- Triage of patients who may require transfer to hospital or urgent appointment with physician
Non-residents are encouraged to make a small donation to help the Health Centre for costs incurred for dressings, tests, and medications. These assist this non-profit society to provide ongoing care in the community.