Physician Services – Dr. Colin Sutton
Monday – Thursday 0900 – 1600 by appointment only
Thank you for trusting your medical care to Dr. Colin Sutton’s Family Practice.
When you schedule an appointment with Dr. Sutton we set aside enough time to provide you with the highest quality care.
Should you need to cancel or rescheduled an appointment please contact our office as soon as possible, and no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. This gives us time to schedule other patients who may be waiting for an appointment.
Please see our Appointment Cancellation/No Show Policy below:
- Effective July 13, 2021 any booked patient who fails to show or cancels/reschedules an appointment and has not contacted our office with at least 24 hours notice will be considered a No Show and charged a $50.00 fee. (see BC Doctors Guide for uninsured services)
- Any new patient who fails to show for their initial visit will not be rescheduled.
- The fee is charged to the patient, not the insurance company, and is due prior to booking another office visit.
- Please contact our Office Manager, if you have any questions.
Nursing Services Provided
Home Care Nursing Visits (by referral)
- RNs can do home visits for dressings, medication monitoring, diabetes care, assessments, counselling etc.
- Post-operative follow up by referral from surgeon
- Coordination of care with other health care professionals
Laboratory Services (by appointment only – 8:15am to 2:00pm, Monday – Friday)
- RNs draw blood which is sent to Sechelt Hospital for testing
- Specimens sent out for analysis
- Blood pressures, glucose testing, injections, ear syringing, suture removal etc
- ECGs (electrocardiograms), Holter Monitors
- Assessment of injuries or illnesses for patients unable to see physician or without a local doctor
- Treatment of specified medical problems such as burns, urinary tract infections, sore throats, earaches, insect bites/stings, tick removal etc.
- Triage of patients who may require transfer to hospital or urgent appointment with physician
Non-residents are encouraged to make a small donation to help the Health Centre for costs incurred for dressings, tests, and medications. These assist this non-profit society to provide ongoing care in the community.